Stephens Barn Buddies- Kimberly

   



Hey crafty friends, it's Kimberly! The Barnraiser is in FULL swing and so many cute images are being colored and shared. Today I wanted to share the adorable set called Stephens Barn Buddies. These muddy little piggies are adorable!




To create this card I started with my background with the hopes of a dreamy sunrise. Little fact about me, I don't normally catch a sunrise as I'm never up that early. Hence why I can only "dream" about it! 
To get started I ink blended the background using Distress Oxide Inks: Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon, and Candied Apple. I used a Pinking Die Cut for the sun, along with a die cut for the rolling hills, both ink blended using distress oxide inks. For the sun I used Mustard Seed with a little left over ink from my Ripe Persimmon brush. The hill was ink blended using Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn. 




Can little Stephen be ANY cuter! Oh my WORD! I find he's the cutest and especially with this dirty blonde hair!

Next, I colored all of my images using Copic Markers. 
Below you can find the guide used to color my images: 
Stephen Face: E13, E11, E00, E000 Cheeks: R20, R30 Eyes: G24, G21, G40 Hair: E57, E55, E53, E50 Overalls: B99, B97, B95, B91 Shirt: C1, C0, E55 (for a little dirt smudge) Wheat: YR27, YR24

Pigs: E99, E97, E95, E00 Hoof: E44 Mud: E39, E37, E35, E33
                


Of course, one of my favorite additions is to add splatter using the Dr. Ph. Martin's Bleed Proof White.  I also die cut the sentiment using a basic circle die and then added to the top of my card with a little stitching. I love the detail a little stitching can add to a card. 







Make sure to check out the Barnraiser Coloring Competition? This is a fantastic event using the most adorable images and so much fun is being had in the private FB group with friends. The coloring is amazing and the friendships formed even better!! Don't miss out!!!






I'll be back soon with something else up my creative sleeve!

Kimberly

Comments