Stephen's Barn Buddies Barnraiser- Kimberly

    



Hey crafty friends, it's Kimberly! I'm back to share another fun card using my favorite set, Stephen's Barn Buddies from the Barnraiser! Tomorrow is the last day to enter your projects and WIN WIN WIN!  I thought I'd share a little INSPO of these darling muddy pigs. Normally I don't like to get my hands dirty, but when it comes to crafting, I'm all in. Let's get started. 






To create this card, I started by ink blending my background using Distress Oxide Inks. I started with Tumbled Glass and a basic cloud stencil, followed by Twisted Citron for the rolling hills. 

To create a muddy "pad" I used my Ink Splat stencil to draw an outline of the image onto a Neenah 110lb white cardstock. Then I fussy cut the image and ink blended using Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide ink. I then took my paint brush with loaded water, splattered all over the "mud" cut out. By splattering water, the ink reacted creating a fun background. 
 I love how this looks like the piggies are sitting in a splash of mud. 


Next, I colored all of my images using Copic Markers. 
Below you can find the guide used to color my images: 


Pigs: E99, E97, E95, E00 Hoof: E44, E43, E42 Mud: E44, E43, E42

                

To add a muddy splatter background, I smooshed Vintage Photo Distress Ink onto my glass mat, sprinkled with some water, then splattered the ink onto my base cardstock layer. 

Next, I attached my cute little pigs using foam tape for the sitting pig and regular liquid glue for the sleeping pig. 

To finish the card, I layered the card base onto a brown cardstock die cut with a basic scallop edge and then added dimension with foam tape before adhering to my card base. Lastly, I added my sentiment to a small scallop edge with foam adhesive. I love all the dimension and cohesiveness of the design with the tiny scallops. Oh... and I added a few little gems for added interest. I love me some gems!!!









Make sure to check out the Barnraiser Coloring Competition as tomorrow is the LAST day! There is still time to join the in the fun and private FB group to join like minded friends who love to COLOR all the things!!  Don't miss out!!!






I'll be back soon with something else up my creative sleeve!

Kimberly

Comments