Dania here having fun with "Mer-Gnomies"

 


Hello fellow crafters!  Dania here sharing a card I made (experimented) using the cute Mer-Gnomes stamp set.  I wanted shine so I started first with the stamp....


Did you know that if you stamp an image with crisp black ink, scan it into your computer and print with a toner printer, you can then foil it with a laminator?  I didn't until I did some research.  So what was my outcome?  I did have a few unfoiled areas, but they were minimal and once you color they sort of blend in.  (Before I proceed I must stress that please try/do this for your own personal use.  Sharing an image this way with others is stealing.) 


For the background I played with alochol inks on Yupo paper.  While the ink was still tacky, I gently rubbed some toner foil into the those area.  This resulted in some foil left behind for a pretty cool background. 


I completed the card by framing the area with this oceany die from my stash in a pretty blue foil that just happen to match the background.  Added gems and done!  I got my shiny card that I was hoping for.   And my Mer-gnomie found herself a home front and center. 

Like my card? Here are links to the supplies

 Copictopia Creative - Mer-Gnomies Clear Stamp Set


Other supplies used:

Toner gold foil from Deco Foil
Tim Holtz alcohol inks
Blue and gold foil paper from my stash
Recollection white cards stock - smooth for foil and thin enough to run through my laser printer
No brand alochol markers for coloring (didn't want to experiment with my Copic markers)  I had no issues so next time I will use my Copic markers. 
Die from Memory Box


Thank you for joining us and spending time with us today! Be sure to watch for more inspiration during the month!

Thank you for stopping by,

Happy crafting,

Dania (aka Dania's Doodles)

Comments